The Department of World Languages and Cultures (WLAC) invites you to attend:
The WLAC International Lectures Series In cooperation with the IUPUI International Festival, Office of International Affairs
The Department of WLAC is hosting a series of lectures by IUPUI faculty and students with the purpose of increasing knowledge and awareness of international issues among our campus community.
February 21st, 2013
Campus Center CE 307
11:00am “T'ai Chi and Chinese culture”
- Dr. Jing Wang, Program in Chinese, World Languages and Cultures
11:30am "Shaping the Hoosier State: German-American Heritage in Indiana."
- Dr. Claudia Grossmann and Dr. Dan Nützel, World Languages and Cultures Program in German and Max Kade Center at IUPUI
12:00pm "Cuba Then and Now: Students' Perspectives on a Study Abroad Trip”
- Mary Bova, Neoshia Roemer, Aaron Pierce, Jacque Chaffey (IUPUI Spanish Club)
12:30pm "The Current Afghan Debacle in Historical Perspective"
- Dr. Eren Tasar, Department of History
1:00pm "Global Forces, Local Impacts: 100 Years of Mexican Immigration to Indiana"
- Dr. Michael Snodgrass, International Studies Program and Department of History
1:30pm “Arab Spring”
- Dr. Amira Mashhour, Program in Arabic, World Languages and Cultures
There are no upcoming dates for this event.